Responsible Wagering Statement
Statement of commitment to promoting responsible wagering
Racing.com Media Pty Ltd trading as Winning Post (Winning Post) acknowledges that the sport of racing is a popular gambling medium and the racing industry derives significant funding from wagering.
Winning Post recognises that problem gambling behaviour can occur in relation to wagering on racing and that such behaviour can have negative impacts for individuals and local communities.
According to the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation, responsible gambling for individuals means:
- they may gamble for pleasure and entertainment but are aware of their likelihood of losing and understand the associated risks;
- they exercise control over their gambling activity; and
- that responsible gambling occurs in balance with other activities in their lives and is not causing problems or harm for themselves or others.
Responsible gambling for the broader community, including gambling providers, governments, and sporting associations, requires:
- shared responsibility for generating awareness of the risks associated with gambling;
- creating and promoting environments that prevent or minimise problem gambling; and
- being responsive to community concerns around gambling.
Winning Post is committed to the shared objectives of the racing industry, the Victorian Government and the Victorian gambling industry to foster responsible gambling as defined above and to minimise harm arising from problem gambling behaviour.
In particular, Winning Post commits to promote responsible gambling messages and practices throughout its assets.
Further detail around Responsible Gambling, including help services, is available at: http://www.responsiblegambling.vic.gov.au/getting-help
Paul Richards introduces a fun formula each week designed to come up with the odd winner for those looking for a small interest or to see if systems really work. On this page he subjects Saturday's fields to one of those systems: